According to Shannon's blog:
The basic idea:
- You will make 10 postcards in a mixed media format (don’t be afraid - mixed media is a cinch! Keep reading…)
- You will send each of those ten people one of your handmade postcards.
- Then you will receive a handmade postcard from 10 other people from around the world!
Sound like fun? Then join us!
The rules are easy, but make sure that you read through them and follow them! Remember, you have to follow through if you sign up! A real live person will be waiting for each of your postcards!!
1. Join the swap by sending me your information (full name, home address (including country!), email, and blog or website address if you have one). If you are missing ANY of this information or if I cannot contact you using the email address that you provided, I will consider you as not participating.
2. Last day to sign up day is January 20th, 2012!
3. Make 10 handmade postcards in a mixed media style. Remember, “Mixed media, in visual art, refers to an artwork in the making of which more than one medium has been employed.” That means that you can combine ANY types of art into your postcards! (Oh what fun!!!!! :D)
4. After January 20th, I will email you 10 mailing addresses to send your cards to. They might be from across the city, across the country, or on the other side of the world because this swap is open for everyone!
5. Make sure that you fix the appropriate amount of postage, write a nice message, and then send your postcards “plain” or “hidden” in an envelope for protection depending on what you’ve made. (It’s up to you)! The deadline for sending your postcards is February 20th, 2012.